Mar 10, 2010

Eggplant & Tomato Pasta

Look at that cute little mint sprig. It's my first try at a garnish, and I must say... I think it's Food Network worthy. In fact, the whole dish is - especially since that's where I got it. I was watching Giada the other day and she made this eggplant puree. I had never eaten eggplant before making this dish. I was always tempted to try Eggplant Parmesan at a restaurant, but could never bring myself to do it. After making this though, I'm going to hunt down some more eggplant recipes. It was so good!

And look how pretty it starts out! I love it when the ingredients have such beautiful rich colors.


This is what it looked like before it was cooked.

This is how it looked after. Roasting is by far my favorite way to make vegetables. It will make anything taste good!

The best part was that this meal was so easy! Just throw those veggies in the food processor and toss it with the noodles and a little pasta water. It calls for parmesan cheese, but of course I left that out for Sweet Boy. I also cut the red pepper flakes in half, and I thought it was the perfect spiciness. Next time though, I will leave them out completely. Sweet Boy kept doing random screams each time he got a taste of the red pepper flakes. Poor little guy finally decided to stick with the french bread for dinner.

Here's the link to the recipe again. Just remember to cut down on the red pepper flakes if you don't like it really spicy!
Yay for eggplant!

No comments:

Post a Comment