Feb 17, 2010

Grandma's Brisket

Doesn't it seem like every Grandma has a recipe that is irreplaceable? A recipe that doesn't need even an ounce of tweeking? Well, my Grandma's Brisket is that recipe. I've been eating it since I was little, but every time I take that first bite my eyes light up. "Wow! This is delicious!" So naturally, when trying to decide what to make for our special Valentine's Dinner, I thought of Brisket. And it did not disappoint!

Ok now, don't judge me... but I couldn't pass these up! They were so... hmm, what's the word... Valentiney!

Yes, they are red heart-shaped glittery plates. Hahaha... you should have seen S.D.'s face when I showed them to him!
They did make a pretty little plate for my Sweet Boy. Poor little guy has to eat off heart shaped glitter plates because his mom is crazy. :)

Look at the beautiful orchid S.D. got me... I had to show it off. Hopefully I can keep it alive.


I wish I had a better picture of the Brisket, but I thought of it too late. Oh, it was so tender and perfect, all I wanted to do was EAT it... there was no time for pictures! Sweet Boy is not usually a big meat eater, but he gobbled this up! We had asparagus and potatoes with it as you can see. S.D. and I had cheesy mashed potatoes, but I always take out some potatoes for Sweet Boy right after boiling them.

Well, here's the recipe for Brisket. No, not just Brisket. The Most Delicious Brisket Ever!
Brisket
2 T. soy sauce
2 t. Worcestershire sauce
1 T. liquid smoke
1 t. garlic salt
1 t. onion salt
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
2 T. celery seed
3-4 lb. brisket
BBQ Sauce (you have to make this BBQ Sauce with it)
6 T. brown sugar
1 c. ketchup
2 t. dry mustard
2 T. lemon juice
2 T. soy sauce
6-8 drops tabasco
Put brisket in a 9x13 pan. Combine first 8 ingredients and pour over brisket. Marinate overnight. Cover with foil and cook at 300 degrees for 3.5 hours. Scrape off seeds from top of brisket and pour off extra marinade. Spread half of BBQ sauce on top of brisket. Increase oven temperature to 350 degrees, cook covered for 1 hour.
***If you find that you like your Brisket a little more tender, then cook it at the lower temperature for 30 minutes - 1 hour longer***
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete